Many of you have probably watched the TV home improvement shows which showcase some of the best and worst renovations ever done. Even 10 year olds are now experts on how to maximize your budget with the greatest end result thanks to watching endless hours of Mike Holmes and others. Did you know however that Mike Holmes has built his reputation on “Do it Right” and is a huge advocate for better building standards and using skilled qualified trades?
At Slotegraaf we also value accountability and integrity for every home build and renovation we complete. When a homeowner meets with us about a potential new project the following criteria must be met:
- Built Right. We build it right or we won’t build it at all.
- On Time. You keep the schedule on your fridge for accountability.
- Budget. We work together with you to make your wish list fit the budget. Our invoices are detailed and we disclose everything upfront. Compare “apples to apples” with quotes from good contractors - if you get a quote that is way off make sure you to ask more questions.
- Warranty. We stand behind our work.
- Customer Referrals. Our previous customers and the work completed speak for itself.
We look forward to every project but they do not always go as planned and sometimes mistakes and surprises happen. That’s our job – to manage the unknowns. If it always went perfect you wouldn’t need to hire a reputable qualified contractor – you would just do it yourself!
With over 60 years of history in the industry, you can trust the Waterloo Region Home Builders' Association RenoMark™ program for guidance in planning your renovations. Slotegraaf is a member of RenoMark™, a program that is 'raising the bar' in the renovation industry by implementing a Code of Conduct and Standard of Ethics that must be followed to be a member.
10 Great Reasons why you should hire a RenoMark™ professional for your home renovation project:
- Professionalism. We are committed to the industry and to our business.
- Information. We are informed about changes in building codes, municipal requirements, health and safety regulations and more through RenoMark™ courses, information sessions, and communications program.
- Network. It makes sense to hire a renovator that is part of an extensive home building and renovating industry network.
- Peace-of-mind. We are committed to fair and honest quotes and accurate start and finish dates.
- Integrity. We comply with the RenoMark™ association's general code of ethics applicable to all members plus a renovation-specific code of conduct. We believe in treating not only our clients appropriately, but also deal fairly with sub-contractors and employees.
- Wealth of advice. Put us to work for you in the planning stages of your renovation. Slotegraaf can offer design and technical advice to achieve designs you may not have thought possible.
- Attention to the details. We ensure all sub-contractors have Workers Compensation Board coverage, necessary approvals and permits are in place, and obtaining the appropriate insurance are not only taken care of, they are readily available to you for your assurance.
- Warranty. A contractor committed to professionalism will offer you the coverage you need spelled out on paper. We can also provide you with a list of referrals so you can check on our performance and expertise.
- Association. RenoMark™ members are part of the Waterloo Region Home Builders' Association – a crucial first step in knowing that you've hired a professional.
- Registered Business. All RenoMark™ builders are licensed businesses.
Exciting night at the 2012 Homebuilders Gala this year where we were recognized for three major awards:
- Most outstanding single detached design for a two storey home up to 2500 sq.ft.
- Most outstanding renovation or conversion over $100,000
- Most outstanding indoor or outdoor living space
These awards belong to our whole team of staff, trades, and suppliers who are able to consistently complete projects together at a high level of craftsmenship and quality! Congratulations team!
Thank you Cambridge for voting for us again as the official Home Builder of the Year 2012 'Diamond' Winner.
This year marked the 8th annual Cambridge Readers Choice Awards which honours businesses in 2012 for outstanding customer service and satisfaction.